When talking of getting lots of Twitter followers, you need to bear in mind that there are a number of strategies which you need to use to draw people to your profile for them to “follow” you.
1) Do Not Have a Default Profile Picture– This could put off potential great Twitter followers as they are going to think that you either don’t care about your Twitter account or that you've never been online long enough to upload a picture.
Do– Pick an applicable picture of you, something professional (if you're online to pump your business) or perhaps something like your brand logo – anything to run away from the Twitter bird default image.
2) Do Not Make Spelling or Grammatical Errors– When you tweet swiftly you may find that you have posted a number of grammatical or spelling mistakes. If all your tweets have mistakes, people will either say that you cannot be worried proofreading your tweets before you post them or you're unable to write a high quality tweet.
Do– Check through your tweets prior to making them public. Get someone else to read them if you aren't sure about spelling or grammar and you are certain to get more followers if you do post something that is easy to read.
3) Do Not Just Post Links – Some folks think that tweeting links to articles, videos, blogs, and other web sites is a good method to get more followers – it's not. It appears to be lazy and looks like you can't be bothered writing out your own tweet.
Do– Think of something educational to assert to your followers to draw in new fans. You can ask questions, comment on current trends, or even answer people’s questions in a tweet. These are all great methods of staying active with your tweets without loading up your followers feeds with tons of links that they may not have time to view.
4) Do Not Have 2 Of Tweets and Thousands of Followers– Your statistical data come up underneath your picture and bio on your profile, so potential followers will be able to see how many tweets you have posted, how many people you are following and how many followers you have. It will be apparent that you have purchased followers if you haven't posted anything and yet have thousands of fans.
Do– Tweet great quality posts and tweet regularly. When people can see that your an active “tweeter” and you are gaining fans because of this, you will be able to get more followers by tempting the individuals that wish to be read your interesting tweets.
5) Don't Forget to Write a Bio– A blank bio looks like you don't care about Twitter or don’t spend enough time online to form even a short bio.
Do– Add a little outline of yourself and what you do. Just one or two words about your brand or your job is more likely to get you followers who have an interest in you than a bio that has just been left blank.
For long time I have been observing how folks are getting more Twitter followers, the above is a clear result of my work with a few of the leading sellers on Fourerr who have a wealth of data. If you want to get more Twitter followers then check out here.